Heracles reserved area
AIMS OF ERCE
The European Register of Cystic Echinococcosis (ERCE) is a project born into the framework (Work Package 1) of the HERACLES collaborative project
(Human cystic Echinococcosis ReseArch in CentraL and Eastern Societies) with the aims of:
- assessing the burden of CE in Europe;
- bringing the importance of this neglected infection to the attention of health authorities;
- encouraging the planning and implementation of public health policies toward its control;
- spawning biological, epidemiological and clinical research on CE.
ERCE is a database organized in sheets. For each patient, epidemiological data, risk factors, and data on the clinical history of the disease (first diagnosis,
cyst number and localization, WHO-IWGE cyst classification, symptoms, surgical interventions, therapies, etc.) are recorded.
CENTERS INVOLVED IN THE ERCE NETWORK
• Specialized Hospital for Active Treatment of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases “Prof. I. Kirov”, Medical University, Sofia.
• San Matteo Hospital Foundation, University of Pavia, WHO Collaborating Centre for Clinical Management of Cystic Echinococcosis, Pavia.
• Spitalul Clinic Colentina Bucuresti, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Carol Davila, Bucharest.
• Hacettepe Universitesi, School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, Ankara.
• Service of Infectious Diseases, "Mother Teresa" University Hospital Centre, Tirana.
• Institute of Public Health,Tirana.
• Department of Medicine I, Div. of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Medical University of Vienna.
• Unit of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University “Magna Graecia”, A.O.U. “Mater Domini”, Catanzaro.
• Infectious Diseases, S. Maria Nuova Hospital - IRCCS, Reggio Emilia.
• Unit of Infectious Diseases University La Sapienza - Faculty of Medicine and Psychology - S. Andrea Hospital, Rome.
• I.N.M.I. "L. Spallanzani" IRCCS, Operational Unit of Translational Medicine, Laboratory del Vecchio, Rome.
• Center for Travel Medicine, Unit of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, ASL TO2 - Amedeo di Savoia Hospital, Torino.
• Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Unit of Infectious Diseases, Sassari.
• Department of Special Diagnostics for Diffusive Pathologies, Center for Regional Diffusive Pathologies, Department of Laboratory Diagnostics,
Institute of Hygiene, Palermo.
• Unit of Infectious Diseases - Department of Specialty Medicine - San Donato Hospital, Arezzo.
• Laboratory of Medical Parasitology - Department of Translational Research - University of Pisa and Unit of Microbiology, University Hospital, Pisa.
• Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases - Careggi University Hospital, Firenze.
• Center for Tropical Diseases, Sacro Cuore Hospital - Don Calabria, Negrar (Verona).
• Unit of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Veneto ULSS 6, Vicenza.
• Department of Infectious Diseases, Center for Tropical Medicine and Travel Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam.
• Infectious Diseases Department, National Health Institute Doutor Ricardo Jorge, Lisbon.
• Centre For Parasitic Zoonoses, Institute for Medical Research, University of Belgrade.
• Vall d´Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona.
Person in charge of ERCE: Patrizia Rossi, Department of Infectious Parasitic and Immunomediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanità
(Italian National Health Institute), Rome. Tel +39 06 49902484. firstname.lastname@example.org
ERCE coordinators: Francesca Tamarozzi, Enrico Brunetti, San Matteo Hospital Foundation, University of Pavia, WHO Collaborating Centre for
Clinical Management of Cystic Echinococcosis, Pavia. Tel +39 0382 502159.
ERCE database and web application: Fabio Galati, Corrado Di Benedetto, SIDBAE, Information Technology Service, Istituto Superiore di Sanità (Italian National Health Service),
Rome. Tel +39 06 49903362.
HERACLES project coordinator: Adriano Casulli, Department of Infectious Parasitic and Immunomediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanità
(Italian National Health Institute), Rome. Tel +39 06 49902670.
Istituto Superiore di Sanità
Viale Regina Elena 299
00161 - Rome
Phone: +39 06 4990 2484